Return to 100 years of the Royal Air Force

Captain Henry Stroud memorial. Image © Terry Joyce.

Around 1920, Wilson erected two memorials marking the spots where the pilots were found – 250 metres apart. It is believed each memorial originally included a propellor from the two aircraft, as Jean later referred to the ‘propellor memorials’ in a letter published in a local magazine in January 1960. The Kynoch propellor is missing and the Stroud one is a replica – the original having been stolen and twice replaced.

Captain Henry Stroud memorial. Image © Terry Joyce.

Dimensions:
928 × 697
File size:
280 KB